Counter Pressure Bottle Filler
If you've read my page about the Bottle
Washer, you already know how much I enjoy bottling. Here's how I do
I was planning to make my own bottle filler, but this one caught my eye.
It's better than the one I was thinking about. It has only one control.
A single valve handle is used for both charging the bottle with CO2 and
filling it with beer. The bottle pressure/beer fill rate is adjusted with
the 'evacuation regulator' seen just below the valve.
- Make sure everything that contacts the beer is sanitized and cold!
- Connect CO2 from regulator to both the keg and bottle filler
- Adjust CO2 regulator to ~15 psi.
- Connect keg liquid line to filler
- Place filler into a cold bottle (32 degrees) turn the valve towards
the gas connection and purge bottle of air for a few seconds
- Now, turn valve towards beer connection and adjust the filler 'evacuation
regulator' for a fill rate just fast enough to cause foam to reach the
top of the bottle. This is after the filler is removed and your ready to
cap. (Easier said than done.)
- Cap it, label it, drink it.
This filler (part # KGCPFIL) was purchased from HopTech.